- La Meuse (name of a brand of beer and a river with the same name)
- French beer poster
- Year: Ca 1895
- Artist: Luděk Marold (1865-1898)
The story of this poster
This French poster is created by the Czech artist Ludek Marold for La Meuse, the French beer from Bar-le-Duc on the Meuse River. Printed around 1895, it´s iconic for the belle époque style.
It is finely rendered and subtly humorous, depicting two well-dressed businessmen talking over a cigar and a beer. Given the stack of saucers on the table, it looks like they have been drinking for a while; each plate represents one beer. the artist Ludek Marold was perfect for this poster assignment confessing that as a student at the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich, all he studied was good beer!
Always at World War Era
- Printed at our own facility in Sweden
- Unique posters
- We ship with UPS - world wide!
- Printed on Hahnemühle 210 gram matte paper - for perfect result!