- XI Olympische Spiele - Segeln Eng - " XI Olympic Games - Sailing"
- German Olympic games poster
- Year: 1936
- Artist: Ottomar Anton
The story of this poster
An amazingly beautiful poster for the Olympic competitions in sailing during the 1936 Summer Olympics. For obvious reasons, it was difficult to place the sailing competitions in Berlin, so the port city of Kiel was choosen as host.
The artist Ottomar Anton was a recognized artist and graphic designer, well-known for his beautiful travel posters painted in Art Deco style.
Anton was also an early member in NSDAP (the german Nazi party) as well as SS, and came to produce a large amount of propaganda for the nazis. After the war he was imprisoned for about a year, but was later released and continued his profession until his death 1976.
Always at World War Era
- Printed at our own facility in Sweden
- Unique posters
- Add a frame - and get your poster framed!
- We ship with UPS - world wide!
- Printed on Hahnemühle 210 gram matte paper - for perfect result!