- Förbud Förstör För Land och Folk! Rösta Därför Nej. den 27 Aug Eng - "A ban destroy for the country and it's people! Therefore vote No on Aug 27 th"
- Swedish election poster
- Year: 1922
- Artist: Haegström
History of the poster
Propaganda poster in connection with the referendum on the alcohol ban(prohibition) 1922. A compelling poster with a man who has had enough of his freedoms being taken away from him.
This was also one of the first referendums women were allowed to take part in, in Sweden, because female suffrage was introduced in 1919.
This poster must have helped the No-side to win, given its pondus and authoritarian appearance. The No side won by a small margin of 2%, 49% voted yes - against 51% who voted No. What would Sweden look like today if the Yes side won? That is one of many questions that pops up in your mind when you look at this vintage poster.
Always at World War Era
- Printed at our own facility in Sweden
- Unique posters
- Add a frame - and get your poster framed!
- We ship with UPS - world wide!
- Printed on Hahnemühle 210 gram matte paper - for perfect result!
Better quality than I expected
Exactly what I was looking for and delivered very quickly!
Loved it. Exactly like the picture