- En travaillant en Allemagne tu seras l'ambassadeur de la qualité francaise Eng - "As a worker in Germany you will be the ambassador of the French quality
- Vichy French WWII poster
- Year: 1943
- Artist: Raoul Eric Castel
History of the poster
Vichy French propaganda poster for the recruitment of French workers to Germany. A muscular man in overalls at an anvil with a variety of tools symbolize the worker, while the silhouette shows French landmarks (especially the Eiffel Tower) and various industrial feats.
In total, approx. 800 000 French nationals working in Germany, but those were only some 200 000 volunteers - the rest were prisoners, both political and war prisoners.
The poster was made by the artist Raoul Eric Castel, that made several propaganda posters on the same the theme, most of them with a pretty colorful tone and a total lack of german symbols and images.
After the war, Castel got his big break-through as a graphic designer and made several posters for large companies - a bit strange when many artists who worked for the Axis powers were suffering after the war. Possibly this may be explained by the fact that Castel never signed his posters with his name and therefore remained anonymous in his role.
Always at World War Era
- Printed at our own facility in Sweden
- Unique posters
- Add a frame - and get your poster framed!
- We ship with UPS - world wide!
- Printed on Hahnemühle 210 gram matte paper - for perfect result!