- Bringing Home the Body of Charles XII
- Swedish art painting
- Year: 1848
- Artist: Gustaf Cederström
The story of this poster
A classic work of art signed Gustaf Cederström, representing the famous procession where Karl the XII's body was taken home from Norway.
Two versions of the painting were made; the first being bought by the Russian Grand Prince Konstantin Konstantinovich who placed it in his palace in Saint Petersburg. Many Swedes saw this as a great shame, and Cederström was persuaded to paint a replica of the original painting. This came to be called the "Krusenberg version" after the castle off which it was painted, and is the version offered here.
Always at World War Era
- Printed at our own facility in Sweden
- Unique posters
- We ship with UPS - world wide!
- Printed on Hahnemühle 210 gram matte paper - for perfect result!