- Afrique Occidentale Française - Air France Eng. - "French West Africa - Air France"
- French travel/aviation poster
- Year: 1946
- Artist: Edmond Maurus
The story of this poster
Travel poster for French West Africa - Beautiful motif depicting an aircraft flying over the great monument - the Lighthouse at Pharaoh, in Egypt, which was one of the former seven wonders. The lighthouse was built to pilot the many merchant vessels to Alexandria's port.
The artist behind this poster was Edmond Maurus; "Edmond studied in Paris at the school of Germain Pilon. He was formed by O. G Gerin, founder of the technicians advertising corporation. Edmond Maurus created his first poster in the immediate postwar period, and he was a landscape painter too. Between 1925 and 1955 he designed numerous posters for french airlines (Air Union and Air France)."Source: https://www.propellerpropaganda.com Published: 1946 by Goossens Publicit̩
Always at World War Era
- Printed at our own facility in Sweden
- Unique posters
- We ship with UPS - world wide!
- Printed on Hahnemühle 210 gram matte paper - for perfect result!