- You CAN crack that tank!
- American instruction poster
- Year: 1943
- Artist: Unknown
The story of this poster
A very instructive and interesting print! Originally printed as part of the "Army Orientation Course" on the back of a Newsmap in 1943, intended for the American soldier. The myth of "invincibile" German tanks could pose a threat towards the soldiers' eagerness to fight. It shows a step by step instruction on how to tackle an enemy tank:
1. Button him up with accurate rifle fire!
2. Then blind him with disabling fire towards perscope and slits!
3. Duck! Don't run! Hide and disable it with a petrol bomb!
The tank depicted is the PzKfW III ausf. G, a fairly interesting choice by the artist given that there was quite a few more potent tanks on the front by 1943. However it was still successfully used by the Germans in for example the command and/or recon role.
A unique print that you will be alone among your friends to have on the wall!
Always at World War Era
- Printed at our own facility in Sweden
- Unique posters
- We ship with UPS - world wide!
- Printed on Hahnemühle 210 gram matte paper - for perfect result!