- Don't Waste Bread! Save two thick slices every day, and Defeat the 'U' Boat
- Brittish WWI poster
- Year: 1917
- Artist: Unknown
History of the poster
The German U-Boat campaign in 1917 brought decreased shipments to Britain as hundreds of merchant ships carrying food and ammunition were sunk. Shortages and inflation led to higher food prices and the distribution of food was unfair.
Early 1918, meat, sugar and fat were rationed products, as a fair way to allocate food and other scarce resources amongst the population. So this WW1 poster urges the people to save bread and not to waste food. The purpose was to loosen the U-boats stranglehold on WW1 Britain and in the long run help a positive outcome of the war.
Always at World War Era
- Printed at our own facility in Sweden
- Unique posters
- Add a frame - and get your poster framed!
- We ship with UPS - world wide!
- Printed on Hahnemühle 210 gram matte paper - for perfect result!